What Is Sugar Dating And How A Sugar Relationship Really Works
Sugar daddy dating is something you’ve definitely heard about but haven’t necessarily considered for yourself. These are the most essential things to know about a sugar relationship.
What is sugar dating?
With 7 types of sugar relationships known today, we can say that this is a far more complex and nuanced arrangement than most of us think. In essence, sugar dating is a mutually beneficial arrangement, usually between a young, attractive woman, or sugar baby, and an older, successful man, or sugar daddy. A woman offers her time in exchange for material resources, such as gifts or an allowance. This relationship is usually not exclusive and the sugar baby and sugar daddy don’t typically spend a lot of time together, only meeting once a week or so.
How common is a sugar relationship in the US?
Even if you are new to the whole sugarbaby dating phenomenon, this relationship trend is getting more and more popular in the United States. By some estimates, there are now 3 million young women in America who identify as sugar babies and their number is constantly growing, as is the demand for sugar babies. This means there are plenty of potential partners for a sugar relationship no matter where you live or what you have to offer.
Why are people drawn to sugar dating?
There is a lot to be said about the reasons why sugar baby dating is such an attractive concept both for men and women. However, the most important reason is definitely freedom. Being a sugar baby means you get to enjoy all of the perks of a traditional relationship—interesting company, fine dining, gifts, networking—without having to commit 100% of your time to that relationship. While the man will have certain expectations, you are the one who is calling the shots, and that’s one of the most irresistible things about sugar dating.
Pros and cons of sugar baby dating
- You can finally experience the finer things in life: gifts, allowance, extravagant dates, and even luxury travel. Plus, you will often find yourself in a circle of influential, accomplished people.
- You get to spend time with a powerful, confident man who can act as a mentor in your life. From valuable advice to help with advancing your career, there is a lot to look forward to.
- You can enjoy a relationship with no strings attached: all the benefits of having a partner without the drawbacks of being with someone full-time.
- You may be requested to go out even when you don’t want to and you may need to give up your other engagements for the fear of losing the sugar daddy.
- Sugar daddies often act like they are entitled to certain things such as physical intimacy, and they may not have the best reaction when you try to stand your ground.
- Sugar dating is considered easy money, so once the arrangement ends—often very suddenly—it can be hard to get used to living without this source of income.
Sugar babies dating may not be something you’ve envisioned for yourself, but this arrangement has its own, very sizable benefits. If you’re a young and attractive college student and are only beginning your professional life, trying to survive on your own can be challenging. But with the support of a successful, older mentor, you can overcome many of the roadblocks women in your situation face and build a relationship on your terms.